Monday, May 10, 2010

Condense, Simplify

I've been sitting on this poem forever. I've been trying to make it into a song but I haven't been able to yet. I can't come up with a melody and I don't know how I want to sing it or if I want to add a chorus and I have no idea what to do on the guitar or if I want it to be soft or heavy or... whatever. I'm at a loss with it. I still plan to song-a-size it but I just had this urge to do something with it right now. This was all I could come up with. Putting it up on my stupid word blog and tweeting about it.

I just had to look up the correct way to "ing" the word "put" it's not puting it's putting but that makes me think of golf so I want to put puting. I'll stop now, I swear.


Condense, Simplify 
--------------------------

Poetic thoughts, Stylized nonsense
So distraught and on the defense
Corruption, cover-ups, conspiracy
As a form of group therapy
Line drawn around my comfort zone
I'm okay as long as my cover's not blown
You may talk like a boy but you fuck like a girl
Well let's give it a go and see what unfurls

Condense, Simplify

Speak up, Talk down
Quality time is best spent alone
My most irrational fear
Is that other people can hear my thoughts
Not because I'm afraid of what they'll think of me
But because it's a total invasion of privacy
Sensory deprivation, Enhanced imagination
Scared of losing vision not sight
Let's go back in time
And read sheet music by candle light

Condense, Simplify

Men who dine on currency
Women who submit to ideology
Isolate, Concentrate, Penetrate
Congregate, Participate, Disintegrate
Act nonchalant cause you're in the know
A crooked smile and an angelic glow
Misleading demeanor, I can take rejection
You look better with your clothes on
Filled with self doubt
I'm trying to phase myself out

Condense, Simplify

Sex change, Birth control
Dos and don'ts, Gender roles
Whores and cunts, Tramps and sluts
Genetic make up, Time to wake up
Unapologetically charismatic
Self destructively apathetic
80% water, 70% tears
Abrasive and classless
She carries her worth between her legs.

No comments: