Friday, May 28, 2010

I'd Rather Walk

I don't own a car. I never have. I might someday but I don't see it happening any time soon. I hold a resentment for people in cars. Not because I don't have one but because most people are assholes. Therefore most people in cars are assholes. You wrap an asshole in a hurling hunk of metal and well... you see where I'm going with this. It's pretty much the same place I'm going whenever I talk about anything that involves people. That place being -> I don't like people.

I walk. I walk to work. I walk to the store. I walk to your momma's house and violate her. Yeah that's right, that was me. What the fuck you gonna do about it? I walk because I have to. But just because I walk out of necessity doesn't mean that I can't enjoy it. I like getting the exorcise and I like having that time everyday to myself. It's calming. I get to breathe in the air, feel the wind, see the birds flying around, and watch the sunrise or set depending on my schedule. You might not guess this about me but I actually love these little moments. I try my best to find beauty in the world. Nobody seems to understand this. Most everyone I know feels sorry for me because I have to walk. If they had to walk everyday they'd fucking kill themselves, so they say. It's too painful for their fat, lazy, spoiled brains to even think about. But what really baffles them is when they offer me a ride and I turn them down. "No thanks, I'd rather walk." I've had people get really offended even mad at me for turning down a ride. "Sorry to inconvenience you by not making you drive me around." Since walking is apparently more excruciatingly painful than getting your face cheese grated off I must despise them if I'd rather endure this horror than spend time with their lonely, sad selves. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it sucks. When I'm really tired or I have a gimp leg (like I do right now), or when it's really hot or raining. But I still usually prefer it. What can I say I'm a freak I guess. You want to know something though? If I can be totally honest for a second, I just don't want to have talk to you. But the thing that I love best of all and even look forward to is that I get quality time with my headphones. I listen to music all day at home but the headphones are the key here. I've had countless emotionally overwhelming moments all alone on these walks. Moments of real connection and self discovery and inspiration. Music is beyond important to me. I know that sounds pretentious and annoying. Believe me, I hate people that say asinine things like "I love music." There are so many people that see listening to music as some sort of competition. I don't pretend to know a lot about music. And I'm aware that my repertoire is greatly lacking but I don't give a shit about all that. I just know that there are some songs by some artists that make me feel alive. I get to drown out the world while I'm most at one with it.

What was my original point? ....Oh yeah, HATE.

People who yell things from their cars need to die.

No comments: